Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Incredibly awkward Sam Yoon YouTube Video released Tuesday



Sam Yoon posted this video on his site samyoon.com today.

Watch it...take it in...

My first reaction was I MUST TWITTER ABOUT THIS. Then I realized Sam Yoon is following me on Twitter, and I really don't want to hurt his feelings.

Sam Yoon, from a new media standpoint, I think this was a failed attempt. However, fellow mayoral candidates Kevin McCrea and Michael Flaherty's videos were no funnyordie.com viral gold either.

A few points:

Time: Four Minutes and thirty seconds is pushing it if you want someone to sit and watch your video. Keep it short, keep it simple and please do not try to fill your entire platform in there Councilor!

Content: At this point, I feel that an introductory video would have been more appropriate. Not everyone reads the Phoenix or plug The Daily Free Press, or any newspaper or blog for that matter. Who ARE you?

To tell the truth, it was a bit of a disaster, shameless JFK quote and all.

Next time, I expect more. [This goes for you too, McCrea and Flaherty!] Snag a snazzy, new media savvy, BU Film student to intern for you, and all will be well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment